Our Office’s Safety Precautions
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We follow infection control recommendations made by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), the Connecticut State Dental Association (CSDA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Routine visits for preventive treatment resumed on Wednesday, May 20th, as per the Connecticut State Dental Association (CSDA) guidelines.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment, for example:
- HEALTH PRE-SCREENING PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT: Our office will communicate with you shortly before upcoming appointments to ask some health screening questions to pre-screen for COVID-19 symptoms in your household. Upon arrival at our office, we have a written questionnaire that we will ask you to fill out and sign, which verifies the answers to the verbal pre-screening.
- APPOINTMENT TIME: In an effort to minimize the number of people in our office at a given time, please arrive on time for your appointment. If you arrive early, please wait in your car until your appointment time. We will call or text you if we are running behind schedule.
- FACE MASKS: As required throughout Westport, before entering our office, we require that you and your child wear a face mask (medical mask or homemade mask). Your child can remove their mask to receive dental treatment and then put it back on afterwards. This face mask will act as a sneeze and cough guard throughout our office to keep everyone safe.
- TEMPERATURE TAKING: Upon arrival at our office, we are taking temperatures (via a no-contact forehead thermometer) of all staff, patients and accompanying adults.
- ONLY BRING YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN RECEIVING DENTAL TREATMENT: To minimize the number of people in our office, only one guardian should accompany a child to their appointment and, if at all possible, other siblings who are not receiving treatment should not come to the office.
- HAND WASHING & SANITIZING: We offer the use of hand washing stations and hand sanitizers to all patients, parents and staff.
- WAITING ROOM: For the time being, you will see that our waiting room does not offer magazines or children’s toys.
- AIR PURIFIERS: We have added UltraHEPA hospital grade air purifiers to every treatment room, the hallway and reception area. These air purifiers have filters that are certified to remove bacteria and virus particles at 0.003 microns in size.
- AEROSOL ELIMINATING SYSTEM: We have added aerosol reducing systems to all patient chairs.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: All of our treatment chairs are at least 6 feet apart or in separate rooms.
If your child has an upcoming appointment scheduled, please contact our office to reschedule your appointment if anyone in your household is experiencing any of the following in the last 14 days:
- Fever (100.4 degrees or higher)
- Shortness of breath / difficulty breathing
- Sore Throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If you would like more information about our office’s dedication to your health and safety, please give us a call at 203-226-5500.